- Nerd Uber God Cory Doctorow (also known as a writer for the blog BoingBoing) visited the Lillian H. Smith library in Toronto yesterday to promote his novel, Makers, and boy did things get fantastically geeky according to Torontoist! What the hell is a custom Python script??
- Daniel Suarez has posted the first chapter of his upcoming sequel to Daemon, Freedom, on his web site! Haven't read it yet but the weather forecast says this book is GOING TO KICK MONKEY BUTT SO HARD!
- On a more serious note, authors used to be removed from the process of publishing their book (in the olden days). With the rise of online social media and slashed budgets, the author must now be intimately involved in all stages of a book's life. Index//mb has put this concept in graph form, good for all you visual learners out there.
- An amazing banana bread recipe from Pink of Perfection. NOT book-related!
- Q and A up on Maud Newton with urban farmer Novella Carpenter (author of Farm City) and her radical but sustainable ideas about growing things (including pigs!) in your backyard.
- All the dirt on Linden MacIntyre's Giller upset c/o The National Post. The man is a machine - he went to work for 7am the next day! I'd be two sheets to the wind, hanging out of the side of a limo, drinking straight from a bottle of Moet, screaming at the top of my lungs for a week straight! Anyway, I'm starting to warm up to this Linden character. Seems genuine.
- I am obsessed with this outfit and this apartment. They slay me.
I Heart It and So Must You
Yesterday I took my first real lunch break in..forever..and you know what I did? I went to the library. If I involve books anymore in my life I am going to start smelling like an old musty book. I am going to start talking like a book (too late! I love using big words that I don't understand). I am going to start sh...well let's not get too personal here. Thus, here are some links and they won't all be about books (quelle horror!):
Posted by B.Kienapple at 7:55 AM